Films & Other Videos
Films with: Pudovkin, Vsevolod Illarionovich
- Mother Matʹ /
- A young revolutionary dies fighting against the misery and poverty of Tsarist Russia in the pre-war revolution of 1905, and, in doing so, brings about the political awareness of his mother.
- DVD 313
- Storm over Asia Potomok Chingis-Khana /
- Revolutionary drama centered on a young Mongol thought to be descended from Genghis Khan whom imperialists seek to use to further their expansionist interests. After a series of misadventures the young man rebels and leads his people against their oppressors.
- DVD 3521
- The end of Saint Petersburg
- The end of Saint Petersburg: Shows changing conditions in Russia as seen by a young peasant who lived through the upheaval in St. Petersburg that culminated in the revolution of 1917. Deserter: A German shipyard laborer joins a worker's strike in defiance of a corrupt union and regardless of the company's violent reprisals. Starved, beaten, and discouraged, he is sent in an envoy to the USSR and is rejuvenated by the spirit of cooperation and optimism of the idyllic workers' state.
- DVD 5637