Films & Other Videos
Films with: Prochnow, Jürgen
- Follows the patrol of the U-96, one of the famed German U-boats known as the "Gray Wolves" that sought to harass and destroy British ships during World War II. Portrays the crew as they struggle to maintain their professionalism as soldiers while trying to understand and obey the ideology of the German government which they served.
- DVD 1611
- English patient
- At the end of World War II, a mysterious, horribly burned man who claims not to remember his name, known only as the "English patient," lies near death in an Italian villa. He is cared for by a quietly desperate young nurse, Hana, herself a victim of the war. With her at the villa are Kip, a young Sikh bomb-disposal expert, and a shadowy thief with bandaged hands named Caravaggio. The key to the burned man's past may lie in his commonplace book, a volume of Herodotus, and its intimations of the sacred whirlwind of a great, mysterious, passionate, and tragically doomed love, which trapped two unsuspecting people, forever.
- DVD 186
- Man inside
- Based on the true story of Gunter Wallraff who infiltrated the most powerful newspaper in Western Europe and exposed it as a ruthless propaganda machine.
- DVD 11172
- Tells the story of the Japanese invasion of Nanking, China in the early days of World War II and focuses on the efforts of a small group of unarmed Westerners who established a Safety Zone where over 200,000 Chinese found refuge. Told through deeply moving interviews with Chinese survivors, archival footage, and chilling testimonies of Japanese soldiers, interwoven with staged readings of the Westerners' letters and diaries.
- DVD 5513
- A suspense-filled story of Zev, an Auschwitz survivor who discovers that the Nazi guard who murdered his family some seventy years ago is living in America under an assumed identity. With the aid of a friend, Zev sets out on a gripping journey that tests both his will and his fading memory as it brings him closer to the retribution he seeks.
- DVD 12780
- Verlorene Ehre der Katharina Blum The lost honor of Katharina Blum /
- In the period of several days, Katharina's privacy and her honor are destroyed, first by the police who terrorize her, and then by the yellow press, which creates in her name the image of a politicized Bonnie Parker.
- DVD 2205