Films & Other Videos
Films with: Prévert, Jacques
- Crime de Monsieur Lange
- When Batala, the owner of a small publishing company, disappears with the firm's capital, the employees band together to take over the company and collectively publish a series of comic books written by Monsieur Lange, one of the employees. Based on the adventures of a mythical cowboy, "Arizona Jim," the comic books are instant best sellers, and the cooperative continues its great success by producing films based on the character of "Arizona Jim." However, the infamous Batala, who is considered dead, reappears.
- DVD 12289
- Drôle de drame
- A quiet botanist is the secret author of a popular crime novel. His peaceful existence is threatened when a crazed fan vows to kill the author of "The model crime." The convoluted plot involves a group of Victorian Englishmen who get so enmeshed in lies and disguises, murders and supposed murders, intrigues and romances, that Scotland Yard and the participants themselves are confused.
- DVD 2349
- Enfants du paradis Children of paradise /
- Drama about the theater and the individuals that made the stage their life. Includes the love story of four men for one woman.
- DVD 1603
- Lumiere d'été
- A shimmering glass hotel at the top of a remote Provencal mountain provides the setting for a tragicomic tapestry about an obsessive love pentangle, whose principals range from an artist to a hotel manager to a dam worker.
- DVD 9086
- Portes de la nuit
- Records the events of a single night in a dingy section of northern Paris in 1945, portraying the malaise of a city recovering from the German occupation. Tells the stories of a street musician, an informer, and a member of French underground who has been having an affair with a wealthy married woman.
- DVD 13286
- For Andre and the other members of the crew of the tugboat Cyclone, existence is harshly divided between the danger of the stormy seas and the safety of life at home with their patient women. When Andre meets temptation in the form of the alluring Catherine during a risky rescue, he comes perilously close to betraying his wife of ten years.
- DVD 9087