Films & Other Videos
Films with: Powell, Edward B.
- Betty Smith's A tree grows in Brooklyn
- In pre-WWI Brooklyn, young Francie struggles to keep her idealism alive in the face of grinding poverty, her father's alcoholism, and the comedies and tragedies of ordinary life.
- DVD 9948
- This dramatization of a factual incident opens in a quiet Connecticut town where a kindly priest is murdered while waiting at a street corner. The citizens are horrified and demand action from the police. All of the witnesses identify John Waldron, a nervous out-of-towner, as the killer. Although Waldron vehemently denies the crime, no one will believe him. District Attorney Henry Harvey is then put on the case and faces political opposition in his attempt to prove Waldron's innocence.
- DVD 9992
- Laura Z. Hobson's Gentleman's agreement
- A reporter pretends to be Jewish in order to cover a story on anti-Semitism, and personally discovers the true depths of bigotry and hatred.
- DVD 9993
- Panic in the streets
- One night in the New Orleans slums, vicious hoodlum Blackie and his friends kill an illegal immigrant who won too much in a card game. Next morning, Dr. Clint Reed of the Public Health Service confirms the dead man had pneumonic plague. To prevent a catastrophic epidemic, Clint must find and inoculate the killers and their associates, with the reluctant aid of police captain Tom Warren, despite official skepticism, and in total secrecy, lest panic empty the city. Can a doctor turn detective? He has 48 hours to try...
- DVD 9995
- Pinky Johnson is a pretty, light-skinned Negro nursing student who's been passing for white, a fact she's kept secret from her Granny and the young doctor she's in love with.
- DVD 9994