Films & Other Videos
Films with: Powell, Dick
- 42nd street
- The movie musical that introduced the choreography of Busby Berkeley, 42nd Street also contains the classic plot involving a tyrannical director, egotistical leading lady and wide-eyed ingenue, all set to a standout musical score.
- DVD 6358
- Set in 12th century China, the captured Tartar princess, Bortai, tricks Genghis Khan into mistrusting his blood brother, but falls in love with the Mongol chief.
- DVD 787
- Gold diggers of 1933
- Dick Powell and Ruby Keeler play two young hopefuls struggling to make it on Broadway. Even falling in love has its hardships, as Powell's high-brow Eastern family is determined to break them (and the show) up. More complications set in when his brother falls for Keeler's wise-cracking roommate.
- DVD 4827
- Midsummer night's dream
- Love is blind, fickle and true. Theseus, Duke of Athens, is going to marry Hyppolyta, Queen of the Amazons. Demetrius is engaged to Hermia, but Hermia loves Lysander. Helena loves Demetrius. Oberon and Titania, of the kingdom of fairies, have a slight quarrel about whether or not the boy Titania is raising will join Titania's band or Oberon's, so Oberon tries to get the boy from her by using some magic. Lysander and Hermina meet in the forest. Helena and Demetrius are there as well. There are actors practicing a play for the upcoming wedding of Theseus and Hippolyta. Due to some misunderstandings by Puck, the whole thing becomes a little bit more confused.
- DVD 7441
- Murder, my sweet
- A down-on-his-luck private detective searches for an ex-convict's missing girlfriend and finds himself in a dark world of mayhem and murder.
- DVD 7579
- Preston Sturges : the filmmaker collection.
- This collection pays tribute to seven of Preston Sturges finest and funniest films.
- DVD 5072