Films & Other Videos
Films with: Porter, Cole
- A musical portrait of American composer Cole Porter. The film imagines Porter looking back on his life as a stage show, with past memories taking shape as numbers in an elaborate and elegant musical accompanied by his songs. His personal history is illustrated by these performances, especially the complicated relationship with his wife, wealthy socialite Linda Lee Porter, who is shown as being the main inspiration for his work despite his extramarital affairs.
- DVD 8338
- High society
- In this musical comedy, a society wedding is being arranged in Newport, Rhode Island. The beautiful Tracy Samantha Lord is to marry George Kittredge. However, Tracy's ex-husband, the songwriter C.K. Dexter-Haven, has never stopped loving her and has hopes of winning her back. A New York scandal sheet reporter and photographer arrive to cover the wedding and complicate the tangled romances.
- DVD 10897
- Kiss me, Kate
- The first Broadway revival in nearly 50 years of the musical comedy masterpiece by composer Cole Porter and book writers Sam and Bella Spewack. Recounts the backstage and on-stage antics of two feuding romances during an out-of-town tryout for a musical adaptation of The taming of the shrew.
- DVD 2897
- Night and day
- "Swellegant and ellegant. Deluxe and delovely. Cole Porter was the most sophisticated name in the 20th century songwritting. And to play him on screen, Hollywood chose debonair icon Cary Grant."
- DVD 5969
- A Caribbean beauty, who is engaged to a local rich man, has a mad crush on the legendary pirate, Macoco. A traveling singer falls in love with the beauty and to impress her, he poses as the pirate.
- DVD 5441