Films & Other Videos
Films with: Pommer, Erich
- Dr. Mabuse, the gambler
- Sinister Dr. Mabuse maintains his wealth through counterfeiting, manipulating the stock exchange and bending weaker minds to his will. In part 1, Mabuse builds his empire and casually ruins Count Told while entrancing the thrill-seeking Countess. In part 2, Mabuse turns from criminal to villain, murdering the Count and kidnapping the Countess.
- DVD 4586
- Jamaica Inn
- Maureen O'Hara's first film is the brooding story of a nobleman who leads a cutthroat ship-looting band of men. Charles Laughton is a magnificent villain and Hitchcock glories in the moody atmosphere.
- DVD 976
- Letze Mann The last laugh/
- The story of a hotel doorman who is demoted to washroom attendant because of his age. Humiliated, he considers suicide. Then, by a strange twist of fate, he becomes a millionaire. This silent film is told entirely by camera, without title cards.
- DVD 1499
- Nuremberg its lesson for today /
- "Shows how the international prosecutors built their case against the top Nazi leaders using their own films - devastating evidence of atrocities that are still shocking today." -- container
- DVD 10666
- Having defined the espionage genre with Dr. Mabuse, the Gambler, Fritz Lang returned to the genre with this surprisingly fast-paced and remarkably grim thriller. Rudolf Klein-Rogge starts as Haghi, the head of an elaborate criminal empire, and Willy Fritsch is the undercover agent assigned to topple the diabolical king from his throne. Filled with the sexual intrigue and high-tech gadgetry that continue to define the genre, SPIES (Spione) remains remarkably contemporary, more than 85 years after its original release.
- DVD 12280