Films & Other Videos
Films with: Philibert, Nicolas
- Animal, des animaux Animals and more animals /
- Follow the restoration of the Zoological Department at the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in Paris in 1992.
- DVD 12128
- Etre et avoir To be and to have /
- At the center of this intimate and touching story is Georges Lopez - a remarkably devoted teacher responsible for nurturing a dozen children ages 3-11 in all their school subjects and life's lessons. Demonstrates how a teacher, if well trained, dedicated and sensitive to a child's educational and emotional needs, can hugely influence a generation of children at their most critical time of development.
- DVD 3491
- Born in the jungles of Borneo, Nenette is a 40-year-old orangutan, and the oldest (and most beloved) inhabitant at the Menagerie du Jardin des Plantes in Paris. The latest film by documentarian Nicolas Philibert (To Be and to Have), it's a captivating study of an energetic animal and our relationship to her.
- DVD 12093
- Pays des sourds = In the land of the deaf
- A documentary that takes the viewer into the land of the deaf, a world of silence inhabited by an estimated 130 million people worldwide. The filmmaker portrays the difficulties and joys of being deaf, offering portraits of a charismatic sign language teacher, a woman forced into a mental ward as a teen, a young man who remembers the first horrifying experience of using a hearing aid, and a deaf couple's marriage.
- DVD 6845
- Ville Louvre Louvre City /
- This documentary film provides rare backstage look inside one of the world's most famous museums, the Louvre. The museum reveals itself to a film crew showing the work of a great museum which takes place behind the scenes and is rarely, if ever, seen by the public.
- DVD 6846