Films & Other Videos
Films with: Périer, François
- Cercle rouge Red circle /
- A master thief is fresh out of prison. But instead of toeing the line, he finds his steps leading back to the shadowy world of crime. He, a notorious escapee, and an alcoholic ex-cop plan a jewel heist, while being persued by a police superintendent.
- DVD 3024
- Grin without a cat Le fond de l'air est rouge /
- Chris Marker's epic film essay on the worldwide political wars of the 60's and 70's: Vietnam, Bolivia, May '68, Prague, Chile, and the fate of the New Left. This sweeping, global contemplation of a defining decade's political history is divided into two parts, each part woven together to describe what Marker has called "scenes of the Third World War."
- DVD 7907
- Jean Cocteau turns the Orpheus legend into a story of a poet and his encounter with death and the middle world.
- DVD 1133
- Samouraï The samurai /
- Jef Costello is a fedora and trench-coat wearing contract killer with samurai instincts. When Jef assassinates a nighclub owner, he finds himself confronted by a series of witnesses, who drop his perfect world into the hands of a persistent police investigator and Jef's shadowy employer, both of whom are determined to put an end to the career criminal.
- DVD 4572
- An exquisite recounting of the climatic days in 1933 in the career of Stavisky, the con man turned international financier whose ruin resulted in political scandal and his own mysterious death.
- DVD 2055
- Testament d'Orpheé, ou, Ne me demandez pas pourquoi Testament of Orpheus, or, Do not ask me why /
- In his last film Cocteau portrays an 18th century poet who travels through time on a quest for divine wisdom. In a mysterious wasteland, he meets several symbolic phantoms that bring about his death and resurrection. The film finished the circle of the journey begun in Blood of a Poet, exploring the torturous relationship between the artist and his creations.
- DVD 1134