Films & Other Videos
Films with: Perez, Vincent
- Bride of the wind
- Like moths to a flame, the greatest artistic talents of turn-of-the-century Europe were drawn to Alma, a remarkable muse who ignited desires that translated into masterpieces of art, music, and literature. Based on the true story of untamed passions and inspirations that drove her to inspire the hearts and minds of composer Gustav Mahler, painter Oskar Kokoschka, architect Walter Gropius and novelist Franz Werfel, who helped her become a respected composer herself.
- DVD 2407
- Cyrano de Bergerac
- Cyrano is a brilliant but hideously ugly poet, trying to get his true love, Roxanne.
- DVD 6346
- Set in French Indochina in the 1930s as the Vietnamese begin to rebel against French colonialism. Dramatizes the last years of French rule through the relationship between plantation owner Éliane, French by birth but born and raised in Indochina, and her adopted daughter Camille, an orphaned Annamese princess who becomes a Vietnamese revolutionary and representative at the Geneva Conference after having a child by French officer Jean-Baptiste, Éliane's past lover.
- DVD 743
- Par-dela les nuages
- Four stories of love and illusion are told from the perspective of a wandering film director. First two beautiful young lovers are unable to consummate their passion because the young man prefers impossible perfection. In the second story a women tells her stalker that she murdered her father. In the third story an effort is made to appease a wife and a mistress. The last story tells of a young man infatuated with a woman who is soon to enter a convent.
- DVD 2061
- Reine Margot Queen Margot /
- Thrown into a political marriage of convenience by her ruthlessly power-hungry family, the beautiful Margot soon finds herself hopelessly drawn into their murderous affairs. It's then she realizes her only hope of escape lies somewhere between the heroic soldier who loves her and the enemy husband who could save her.
- DVD 7610
- Temps retrouvé Time regained /
- Set in 1922, this film opens with Proust on his deathbed remembering his life. Gradually his own experiences give way to the characters in his novel.
- DVD 1432