Films & Other Videos
Films with: Pellett, Gail
- Facing the truth
- "The years 1960 through 1994 were a time of terror in South Africa. With the destruction of the yoke of apartheid in 1994, South Africa had to come to terms with its oppressive past: recrimination or punishment, or forgiveness? This compelling program describes the efforts of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) to investigate human rights violations and to help South Africa in its process of reinvention."
- DVD 13131
- Shattering the silences the case for minority faculty /
- Explores issues of faculty diversity in American higher education in the mid-1990s, focusing on the experience of eight minority scholars in the humanities and social sciences at various institutions.
- DVD 7785
- Slavery and the making of America
- This program examines the history of slavery in the United States and the role it played in shaping the new country's development.
- DVD 3683
- Songs are free
- Traces the history of communal singing and the repertoire rooted in the Black church -- from songs of resistance, courage, and pride to songs of determination and faith -- and explores their roles from the Underground Railroad through the Civil Rights movement and into the 90's.
- DVD 13409
- Spirit & nature.
- Bill Moyers goes to a conference where religious leaders confront the world's environmental crisis and search for a new human ethic toward the earth. This is a provocative program about theology and nature.
- DVD 6385
- World of ideas.
- In wide-ranging conversations, thirteen celebrated literary figures from six nations discuss their work, politics, morals, and the future of American society.
- DVD 8783