Films & Other Videos
Films with: Paulvé, André
- Belle et la bête Beauty and the beast /
- Tells the fable of the kindly beast and the self-sacrificing beauty whose love releases the prince in him. Contains such visual displays as tears that become real diamonds and walls that grow arms to light Beauty's path through the castle of the Beast.
- DVD 3364
- Chartreuse de Parme the charterhouse of Parme /
- Fabrice is a young archbishop who gives his heart and soul to romance rather than the Church, creating complications for everyone involved. The Countess of Sangeverine is but one of many who love Fabrice. From his prison window, Fabrice falls in love with the jailers daughter who takes a vow to the Virgin Mary never to see him again, even if his daring escape succeeds.
- DVD 2469
- Lumiere d'été
- A shimmering glass hotel at the top of a remote Provencal mountain provides the setting for a tragicomic tapestry about an obsessive love pentangle, whose principals range from an artist to a hotel manager to a dam worker.
- DVD 9086
- Jean Cocteau turns the Orpheus legend into a story of a poet and his encounter with death and the middle world.
- DVD 1133
- Testament d'Orpheé, ou, Ne me demandez pas pourquoi Testament of Orpheus, or, Do not ask me why /
- In his last film Cocteau portrays an 18th century poet who travels through time on a quest for divine wisdom. In a mysterious wasteland, he meets several symbolic phantoms that bring about his death and resurrection. The film finished the circle of the journey begun in Blood of a Poet, exploring the torturous relationship between the artist and his creations.
- DVD 1134