Films & Other Videos
Films with: Pagnol, Marcel
- Château de ma mère My mother's castle /
- The story of Marcel Pagnol's childhood holidays in Provence continues in My Mother's Castle. During a Christmas in the region Marcel's affection for the area deepens and he also learns to love and appreciate his mother's true nature.
- DVD 1428
- Fanny trilogy
- Contains three films written by Marcel Pagnol. Marius is a young man torn between his love for his family and his desire to move away from his Marseilles harbor, while Fanny, his shy lover, doesn't know how to hold Marius back to keep him near her. Cesar, Marius' father, does not know his son's intentions. When Marius leaves, Fanny discovers she is pregnant with his son, and struggles with the support of his family, to survive without him.
- DVD 3067
- Fille du puisatier The well-digger's daughter /
- In pre-World War II France, a father is torn between his sense of honor and his deep love for his saintly daughter when she gets in trouble with a dashing air force pilot.
- DVD 10074
- Gloire de mon père My father's glory /
- The enchanting story of Marcel Pagnol's childhood in the south of France, and a very special summer when he was 11 years old. In the countryside of Provence he fell under the spell of the rugged hills, made new friends and strengthened the unique bond with his father.
- DVD 1429
- Jean de Florette
- The story of Jean Cadoret, a man who inherits a farm from his mother and foolishly hopes to become a gentleman farmer. But even before he arrives, his powerful neighbor is plotting to steal his land.
- DVD 1430
- Manon des sources Jean de Florette 2ème partie /
- Ten years after the tragic events of Jean de Florette, Manon (Jean's daughter) seeks revenge against those she holds responsible for her father's death.
- DVD 1433