Films & Other Videos
Films with: Pabst, G. W.
- 3 groschenoper The 3 penny opera /
- "Set in the impoverished back alleys of Victorian London, The threepenny opera follows underworld antihero Mackie Messer (a.k.a. Mack the Knife) as he tries to woo Polly Peachum and elude the authorities. With a palpable evocation of corruption and dread, set to Weill's irresistible score, The threepenny opera remains a benchmark of early sound cinema." -- container.
- DVD 5091
- Love of Jeanne Ney [Die Liebe der Jeanne Ney] /
- Jeanne Ney is the daughter of a French diplomat who is assassinated by Bolsheviks. She falls in love with a young Communist, Andreas and they have a brief interlude of happiness in Paris until her uncle is murdered and the crime pinned on Andreas.
- DVD 2657
- Tagebuch einer Verlorenen Diary of a lost girl /
- A pharmacist's daughter seduced by her father's assistant has a child and is banished to a repressive reform school. Escaping, she makes her way penniless to a brothel where she lives for the moment.
- DVD 2058
- Westfront 1918 Vier von der Infanterie /
- Examines the experiences of four German soldiers from different backgrounds in the last stages of World War I and shows the disruptive effects of war on the individual, the family, and society.
- DVD 10605