Films & Other Videos
Films with: Ortiz, John
- Ad astra
- Army Corps engineer and astronaut Roy McBride is searching for answers in the depths of space. Twenty years ago, Roy's father went in search of proof of the existence of extraterrestrial life on Neptune during a one-way mission. The mission was designated officially as a failure. Roy searches the solar system for the truth about both his father's mission and a recent mystery that has unfolded that threatens Earth. What Roy doesn't know is that this journey will do more than test him physically and mentally. The answers he finds will challenge everything he understands about the existence of humans.
- DVD 13253
- Based on a true story, the movie chronicles the incredible journey of a group of enslaved Africans who overtake their captor's ship and attempt to return to their beloved homeland. When the ship, La Amistad, is seized, these captives are brought to the United States where they are charged with murder and await their fate in prison. A battle ensues that captures the attention of the entire nation, confronting the very foundation of the American justice system. But for the men and women on trial, it is simply a fight for the basic right of all mankind ... freedom.
- DVD 34
- Cesar Chavez
- The story of the famed civil rights leader and labor organizer torn between his duties as a husband and father and his commitment to securing a living wage for farm workers. Chavez embraced non-violence as he battled greed and prejudice in his struggle to bring dignity to people. He inspired millions of Americans who never worked on a farm to fight for social justice. His triumphant journey is a remarkable testament to the power of one individual's ability to change the world.
- DVD 13363
- Dog's purpose
- It shares the soulful and surprising story of one devoted dog who finds the meaning of his own existence through the lives of the humans he teaches to laugh and love.
- DVD 12238
- Suspended from the force following a drug bust gone wrong, undercover narcotics officer Nick Tellis is reluctantly goaded back into active duty when a fellow officer is slain. Promised reinstatement in exchange for his efforts, Tellis is paired with the victim's volatile ex-partner Henry and soon begins to actively seek the killer in an increasingly complex case. Tellis struggles with his conscience as he navigates a twisting road of half-realized truths, shifting loyalties and questionable agendas.
- DVD 2422
- Pride and glory
- Centers on a multi-generational family of New York City Police officers. The family's moral codes are tested when Ray Tierney investigates a case that reveals an incendiary police corruption scandal that happens to involve his own brother-in-law. For Ray, the truth is revelatory, a Pandora's Box that threatens to upend not only the Tierney legacy, but the entire NYPD.
- DVD 10753