Films & Other Videos
Films with: Nivola, Alessandro
- American hustle
- A fictional film set in the alluring world of one of the most stunning scandals to rock our nation, American Hustle is the story of brilliant con man Irving Rosenfeld, who along with his equally cunning and seductive British partner Sydney Prosser, is forced to work for wild FBI agent Richie DiMaso. DiMaso pushes them into a world of Jersey powerbrokers and mafia that's as dangerous as it is enchanting. Carmine Polito is the passionate, volatile, New Jersey political operator caught between the cons and Feds. Irving's unpredictable wife Rosalyn could be the one to pull the thread that brings the entire world crashing down.
- DVD 10323
- Allen Ginsberg recounts the road trips, love affairs, and search for personal liberation that led to the most timeless, electrifying, and controversial work of his career. Pushing the limits and challenging the mainstream, the passionate and provocative Howl and its publisher find themselves on trial for obscenity, with prosecutor Ralph McIntosh setting out to have the book banned, while defense attorney Jake Ehrlich fervently argues for freedom of speech and creative expression.
- DVD 1195
- In an attempt to woo an artist to her gallery, art dealer Madeline and her husband go to North Carolina. While she tries to seal the deal, her husband introduces her to his family. Madeline's presence reveals family tensions and resentment.
- DVD 4581
- Laurel Canyon
- Harvard graduate Sam and his fiancée, Alex, move into Sam's mother's house in upscale Laurel Canyon, thinking that she would not be there. Only problem is that she is still there, supposedly finishing up a record that she's producing for her boy toy, Ian's band. Sam's mom seems more interested in smoking pot and drinking than actually working, though. Alex doesn't mind, but Sam is quite upset. Alex starts off focused as she works on finishing a dissertation on genomics, but is soon distracted. Meanwhile, Sam is equally distracted by the beautiful intern Sara.
- DVD 1939
- Mansfield Park
- When Fanny Price is sent away to live with her rich cousins, she's meant to learn the ways of proper society but manages to enlighten them as well.
- DVD 1467
- Most violent year
- The tale of an immigrant and his family trying to live the American Dream in the 1980s and expand their business amidst rampant violence, urban decay, and corrupt city officials during one of the most dangerous years in the city's history.
- DVD 10999