Films & Other Videos
Films with: Neville, Morgan
- Beauty is embarrassing
- For more than 30 years, Wayne White has made an indelible mark on the creative world. As a designer, painter, puppeteer, sculptor and musician, White created images and ideas that are an integral, yet sometimes subconscious, part of the pop-culture lexicon. Part biography, part live performance; tell the irreverent and inspiring story of this one-of-a-kind visual artist and raconteur.
- DVD 9475
- Hank Williams honky tonk blues /
- "Using never-before-seen footage, photos and audio of Williams and featuring interviews with many friends and family who have never spoken on-camera before, Honky tonk blues tells the story of Hank Williams' rise and fall in full, vivid detail"--Container.
- DVD 7033
- Respect yourself the Stax Records story /
- With rare performances, previously unreleased home movies and new recordings, filmmakers Robert Gordon and Morgan Neville present the first comprehensive look at Stax Records, the greatest soul label of all time. Provides first-hand accounts of what really happened on the streets and behind studio doors from celebrated musicians such as Isaac Hayes, Booker T. Jones, Steve Cropper and Mavis Staples, as well as label president Al Bell, Rev. Jesse Jackson and others. -- Container.
- DVD 5127
- Twenty feet from stardom /
- They are the voices behind the greatest rock, pop and R&B hits of all time, but no one knows their names. Now, in this award-winning documentary, director Morgan Neville shines the spotlight on the untold stories of such legendary background singers as Darlene Love, Merry Clayton, Lisa Fischer, Judith Hill, and more. Includes behind-the-scenes footage, vintage live performances, and interviews with Bruce Springsteen, Sting, Mick Jagger, Stevie Wonder, and Bette Midler.
- DVD 10105