Films & Other Videos
Films with: Nelson, Willie
- Electric horseman
- Robert Redford plays an ex-world champion cowboy, reduced to huckstering breakfast food in a suit studded with flashing lights. Jane Fonda is a chic, sharp member of the electronic media, a TV newswoman who'll do anything to get a good story. When Redford rides out of a Las Vegas casino into the desert astride his sponsor's living symbol, a multi-million dollar racehorse, Jane is determined to discover why. She does, one step ahead of a posse of pursuing police. But by the time they reach a remote rendezvous high in the Utah mountains, she is in love with both the cowboy and his convictions.
- DVD 3781
- Farming the future farm life on Long Island: a documentary /
- "Just a stone's throw away from New York City, Long Island is home to a once-predominant way of life that is vanishing in the shadows of strip malls and suburbia. In 1950, there were almost 3,000 farms on Long Island. Just over fifty years later, there are just over 700. As the oldest mature suburban community in the United States, Long Island has experienced the pressures of development since the 1950's, yet, in the face of growing challenges, Long Island farms are the most productive in New York State, adding $150 million annually to the economy ... Farming the Future: Farm Life on Long Island examines the challenges of farming in suburbia, and celebrates the way of life, work ethic, and value system of the family farmer that has endured on Long Island for over three centuries. The documentary highlights challenges that prevent farmers from passing on their traditions to the next generation, and explores solutions that can help farmers remain on the land that has sustained them for generations" -- container.
- DVD 9071
- Hempsters plant the seed /
- A look at the fight to legalize industrial hemp, which can create an efficient use of energy, soil redemption, and reduction of landfills. Also includes the views of Willie Nelson, Ralph Nader, and environmental activist and actor Woody Harrelson, whose trial and acquittal for planting hemp seeds brought the issue to the mainstream media over a decade ago.
- DVD 8945
- Last link
- "For as long as they can remember, 83 year-old Pete Camino and his cousin Johnny have been Wyoming sheep ranchers. But with no end in sight for tough times, Johnny is forced to leave the life he loves to try his hand at the foreign world of running a local tavern. When a family reunion in Europe beckons, Pete is granted his final dream: to step foot in the land of his parents and ancestors. Together, Pete and Johnny journey from the Big Horn mountains to France's steep Pyrénées, exploring their rich Basque heritage and searchingn for answers to problems back home. But when they return, it's painfully clear that it will be up to the Caminos to hold onto their livelihood and their culture in an America which is srapidly changing before their eyes."--Container.
- DVD 3581
- A professional thief is caught between Chicago organized crime families and corrupt police.
- DVD 4534
- Wag the dog
- When the President is caught in a sex scandal less than 2 weeks before the election, "Mr. Fix-it" decides they need a war to distract the public's attention and he calls on Hollywood's top producer to create it.
- DVD 582