Films & Other Videos
Films with: Nelson, Lisa
- Chute Fall after Newton /
- Summary for Chute: "Edit of the first Contact Improvisation demonstrations/installation in N.Y.C. at the John Weber Gallery in 1972. Performers from N.Y.C., University of Rochester, Oberlin College, and Bennington College"--Container. Summary for Fall after Newton: "A sweeping look at 11 years of practice of Contact Improvisation by Nancy Stark Smith and initiator, Steve Paxton. The progression ... shows one strand of the development of this mulifaceted duet dance form"--Container.
- DVD 7310
- Contact at 10th & 2nd
- "Document of the 11th anniversary of Contact Improvisation performance at St. Mark's Church in N.Y.C. with dancers from England, Canada and the U.S."--Container.
- DVD 7312
- Magnesium a dance by Steve Paxton. Peripheral vision. Soft pallet /
- Summary for Magnesium: "Document of a dance by Steve Paxton at Oberlin College, Ohio. This piece is often referred to as the seminal work for Contact Improvisation"--Container. Summary for Peripheral vision: "Edit of a Contact Improvisation concert at Firehouse Theater in San Francisco, CA in 1973...commentary analyzes what is visible and memorable in the dancing from the point of view of 1975"--Container. Summary for Soft pallet: "Selections from a Contact Improvisation concert in Rome at L'Attico Gallery in 1973"--Container.
- DVD 7311