Films & Other Videos
Films with: N'Dour, Youssou
- Amazing grace
- A dramatization of the life of the human rights activist, cultural reformer and member of Parliament, William Wilberforce who sustained a twenty-year fight in 19th century England, endeavoring to end the British transatlantic slave trade. Wilberforce encountered intense opposition from members of Parliament but his minister John Newton, a reformed slave ship captain who penned the hymn "Amazing Grace" urged him to see the cause through.
- DVD 5822
- Kirikou and the sorceress
- Based on West African folklore, this is the story of a remarkable baby boy who is born with the ability to speak, amazing intelligence, and extraordinary physical abilities.
- DVD 7727
- Sufi soul the mystic music of Islam /
- "For hundreds of millions of Sufi followers worldwide, music is at the heart of their tradition and a way of getting closer to God. From the Whirling Dervishes of Turkey to the qawwali music of Pakistan, Sufism has produced some of the world's most spectacular music celebrated by Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Dalrymple's film traces the shared roots of Christianity and Islam in the Middle East and discovers Sufism to be a peaceful, tolerant and pluralistic bastion against fundamentalism"--Container.
- DVD 9353
- Youssou N'Dour I bring what I love /
- Director Chai Vasarhelyi follows N'Dour over two years, filming in Africa, Europe, and America to tell the story of how he faces challenges and eventually wins over audiences both at home and abroad. Includes images of Senegal's sacred Muslim rituals, vibrant concert performances, and intimate access to N'Dour and his family.
- DVD 7556