Films & Other Videos
Films with: Nas
- Hidden colors 3 the rules of racism /
- This installment of Hidden Colors tackles the taboo subject of systematic racism. The film explores how institutional racism effects all areas of human activity and the rules, laws and public policies that are utilized to maintain this system.
- DVD 12118
- Miracle's boys
- Life in the hood is tough, especially for the Bailey brothers, who find themselves on their own after the deaths of their parents. As they struggle to hold their family together, the boys have to face the challenges of raising themselves. The series follows the trio through their hardships and triumphs, as they learn to face life's challenges and rewards, together on the mean streets of Harlem.
- DVD 4336
- Shake the dust
- This documentary chronicles the influence of breakdancing, exploring how it strikes a resonant chord in the slums, favelas and ghettos of the world and far beyond. Showcases breakdancing moves and interviews performers from Uganda, Cambodia, Yemen, and Colombia.
- DVD 12105
- Something from nothing the art of rap /
- "The craft. The history. The power. All these elements of the hip-hop movement are discussed with director Ice-T and the legends he interviews: Afrika Bambaataa; Eminem; Nas; Mos Def; Kanye West; Chuck D; KRS-One; Snoop Dogg; Run-DMC; and Ice Cube, in this compelling and gritty feature-length documentary"--Container.
- DVD 9435
- Talk : race in America
- A two-hour film about "the talk' that parents have with their children of color (primarily boys) to teach them how to act around the police in order to remain safe.
- DVD 12390