Films & Other Videos
Films with: Miller, Jonny Lee
- Behind the lines DVD] /
- As a psychiatrist at a respected Scottish asylum, Dr. Rivers heals shellshocked soldiers so they can be sent back into the trenches. Then he encounters a different kind of patient--a war hero sent to the asylum for publishing an outspoken anti-war pamphlet. As each struggles to cope with the war, the line between patient and doctor begins to blur. Taken from Pat Barker's 1991 novel Regeneration and based on true events.
- DVD 6209
- "Twenty-one-year-old Emma Woodhouse loves playing matchmaker. When pretty and socially inferior Harriet arrives, Emma decides to indulge her passion. Against the advice of family friend and surrogate older brother Mr. Knightly, Emma persuades Harriet to reject a marriage proposal from a local farmer in order to hold out for an offer from the dashing Mr. Elton. But Emma soon discovers Mr. Elton's true motives and her advice to Harriet goes terribly awry"--Publisher description.
- DVD 10014
- Flying Scotsman
- Based on the true story of Scottish cyclist Graeme Obree. Despite modest beginnings and a lifelong battle with bipolar disorder, this tenacious and resourceful competitor pedaled his way into history. In 1993, Obree designed and built a bicycle from scrap metal and washing machine parts. Pitted against top competitors in a high-profile race, he broke the world record - only to have his title stripped later in a storm of controversy.
- DVD 5357
- Mansfield Park
- When Fanny Price is sent away to live with her rich cousins, she's meant to learn the ways of proper society but manages to enlighten them as well.
- DVD 1467
- T2 trainspotting
- First there was an opportunity; then there was a betrayal. Twenty years have gone by. Much has changed but just as much remains the same. Mark Renton returns to the only place he can ever call home. They are waiting for him: Spud, Sick Boy, and Begbie. Other old friends are waiting too: sorrow, loss, joy, vengeance, hatred, friendship, love, longing, fear, regret, diamorphine, self-destruction and mortal danger, they are all lined up to welcome him, ready to join the dance.
- DVD 12279
- A young heroin addict in Edinburgh tries to kick the habit but his junkie friends aren't making it easy for him.
- DVD 570