Films & Other Videos
Films with: McCann, Donal
- American film theatre.
- Collection of four film adaptations from a series of contemporary 20th century plays produced as the brainchild of producer Elly Landau, 1974 and 1975.
- DVD 2851
- Details a Christmas dinner at the house of three spinster musician sisters in 1904 Dublin, attended by friends and family. Among the visitors are the sisters' nephew Gabriel Conroy and his wife Gretta. The evening's reminiscences bring up melancholy memories for Gretta about her first, long-lost love when she was a girl in rural Galway. Her recounting of this tragic love to Gabriel brings him to an epiphany: he learns the difference between mere existence and living.
- DVD 6868
- December bride
- A proud Irish servant girl rebels against her strict upbringing by having love affairs with two brothers at the same time. Sarah and the brothers risk happiness, reputation, and safety for their daring love.
- DVD 6230
- The opulence of mid-Victorian England provides the backdrop for this chronicle of three generations of one aristocratic family. The Pallisers depicts both the Parliamentary maneuverings of the day and the social mores that ruled private passions. The action focuses on Palliser intimates Phineas Finn, the handsome and ambitious radical MP from Ireland, and Lizzie Eustace, a beautiful and conniving young widow. Plantagenet Palliser and his wife, Lady Glencora, cope with the demands of a growing family and ascend to an even higher social stratum.
- DVD 1214
- Stealing beauty
- A nineteen year old girl spends the summer in Italy, determined to fulfill two dreams. The first, to consummate the romance with the Italian boy she fell in love with four years earlier, and the second, to discover the identity of her father through clues in her mother's diary.
- DVD 1622