Films & Other Videos
Films with: Masé, Marino
- Belly of an architect
- Stourley Kracklite, a burly middle-aged American architect, is in Rome to organize a large-scale exhibition of the work of Etienne-Louis Boullee (1728-1799), a visionary French architect. His wife Louisa is along, and a little bored with his cerebral fixations. Surrounded by Roman art and architecture--whose perfect scaling and Classicist surfaces he has always admired--Kracklite is overcome by narcissistic jealousy. Amidst the graceful clean domes, virile statues, and sturdily parallel columns of Roman monuments, Kracklite suspects Louisa of trying to poison him as his prodigious gut begins giving him searing pains. Anxious and paranoid, he's undone by his fear that despite his internal inspirations, an architect is a speck of a thing compared to what he builds--huge, material spectacles that far outlive their progenitors.
- DVD 11953
- Carabiniers The riflemen /
- "Centers on two peasants who join the King's army. Seduced by the promise of riches, the two leave their wives and embark into the war sending postcards home that detail their conquests. Upon their return, they learn that a peace treaty has been signed and in turn, are betrayed by the king for their overzealousness."--Container.
- DVD 1276
- Pugni in tasca Fists in the pocket /
- Story about a blind widow and her four children. Three are afflicted with epilepsy, and the fourth, Augusto, has to support the family. Alessandro (Sandro) wants to free his brother from this burden and sees killing the rest of the family as the only way.
- DVD 4195