Films & Other Videos
Films with: Marks, Martin Miller
- More treasures from American film archives, 1894-1931 50 films /
- An anthology of films from American film archives. In addition to rare silent-era features, includes cartoons and animation, documentaries and newsreels, earliest American movies, pioneering sound and color experiments, serial episodes, trailers for lost films, advertisements, avant-garde shorts, ethnographic footage, films of ethnic communities, and other film types invented during the first four decades of the motion picture. Contains 50 films followed by six previews for lost features and serials. Also contains newly recorded musical scores and over 500 interactive screens about the films and music.
- DVD 3625
- Treasures from American film archives 50 preserved films /
- An anthology of films from 18 American film archives. Films include documentaries, newsreels, the earliest American movies, avant-garde and independent works, pioneering special effects, amateur and home movies, animated and industrial films, and silent movies from the earliest years of motion pictures (1893-1985).
- DVD 1337
- Treasures III social issues in American film, 1900-1934.
- "Prohibition, abortion, unions, atheism, the vote for women, worker safety, organized crime, loan sharking, race relations, juvenile justice, homelessness, immigration - virtually no social issue was too controversial for movies during their first decades. These issues and more are brought to life through 48 films preserved by George Eastman House, the Library of Congress, the Museum of Modern Art, the National Archives, and the UCLA Film & Television Archive. TREASURES III presents the turbulent period when movies helped change America" -- Set container.
- DVD 6478