Films & Other Videos
Films with: Mann, Thomas
- The sweeping tale of the rise and fall of a wealthy German merchant family, Buddenbrooks dramatizes the conflict between family loyalty and personal freedom. This stimulating adaptation of Thomas Mann's most famous work is brought to life with magnificent costumes and unforgettable performances.
- DVD 7093
- Death in Venice
- In Venice on holiday, composer Gustav Aschenbach encounters a young Polish boy and becomes obsessed with him, a secret passion that will lead to his doom.
- DVD 7882
- Films of Alejandro Jodorowsky
- Un Cravate is a fable told in mime. It is about a girl who sells heads; Fando and his partially paralyzed lover Lis search for the mythical city of Tar; El Topo searches the desert to defeat four master gunmen and to find enlightenment; an alchemist assembles a group of people from all walks of life to prepare them for the trip to Lotus Island where they will ascend the holy mountain to displace the gods who rule the universe.
- DVD 4912
- Me and Earl and the dying girl
- A uniquely funny and moving story about Greg, a high school senior who avoids deep human relationships as a way to safely navigate the social mine field that is teenage life. In fact, he describes his best friend Earl, with whom he makes short-film parodies of classic movies, as being 'more like a co-worker'. But when Greg's mom insists he spends time with Rachel, a girl in his class who has just been diagnosed with cancer, Greg discovers just how powerful and important true friendship can be.
- DVD 11296
- Welcome to Me
- A year in the life of Alice Klieg, a woman with Borderline Personality Disorder who wins Mega-millions, quits her meds and buys her own talk show.
- DVD 11100