Films & Other Videos
Films with: Lubezki, Emmanuel
- Dramatic biography of boxing great Muhammad Ali, which focuses on the ten-year period of 1964-1974. In that time, the brash, motor-mouthed athlete quickly dominates his sport, meets and marries his first wife, converts to Islam (changing his name from Cassius Clay), and defies the United States government by refusing to submit to military conscription for duty in Vietnam. His world heavyweight champion title thus stripped from him entirely for political reasons, the champ sets about to win back his crown, culminating in a legendary unification bout against George Foreman in Zaire, dubbed the "Rumble in the Jungle."
- DVD 1341
- Assassination of Richard Nixon
- Based on real-life events, Assassination is set in 1974 and centers on a businessman who takes extreme measures to achieve his American dream.
- DVD 3716
- Birdman or, (The unexpected virtue of ignorance) /
- A black comedy story of an actor famous for portraying an iconic superhero as he struggles to mount a Broadway play. In the days leading up to opening night, he battles his ego and attempts to recover his family, his career, and himself.
- DVD 10912
- Sólo con tu pareja
- "Don Juan-ish yuppie Tomás Tomás spends his nights juggling so many beautiful women that he can't keep their names straight -- until one of his many conquests, a spurned nurse, gives him a taste of his own medicine." -- Container.
- DVD 4911
- To the wonder
- Neil is an American traveling in Europe who meets and falls in love with Marina. After visiting Mont Saint-Michel, Marina and Neil come to Oklahoma, where problems arise. Marina meets a priest and fellow exile, who is struggling with his vocation, while Neil renews his ties with a childhood friend, Jane.
- DVD 10357
- Y tu mamá también
- Dos adolescentes emprenden un viaje loco al campo con la seductora Luisa, de 28 años. Luisa los educa en los puntos más finos de la pasión, pero puede que el deseo de los adolescentes para ella destruirá su amistad para siempre. Two teens set off on a wild cross-country trip with seductive, 28-year-old Luisa. Lisa schools them in the finer points of passion, but will their mutual desire for her destroy their friendship forever?.
- DVD 4765