Films & Other Videos
Films with: Levin, Marc
- Blues, a musical journey
- The blues is a seven-part documentary film series exploring the evolution of the blues, featuring rare archival performance footage of Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Willie Dixon ... et al., also including over 100 newly-filmed performances by contemporary artists such as B.B. King, Bonnie Raitt, Beck ... et al. singing classic blues songs.
- DVD 4146
- Brick City
- A provocative and eye-opening documentary that fans out around the city of Newark, New Jersey to capture the daily drama of a community striving to become a better, safer, stronger place to live.
- DVD 8620
- Gang wars
- Gain unprecedented access to actual rival gangs from Little Rock, Arkansas. A look at the lives of local Bloods, Crips, and Folk, as well as interviews with a one-time leader of one of these gangs as he is released from prison after a decade.
- DVD 7566
- Heir to an execution a granddaughter's story /
- Julius and Ethel Rosenberg are Cold War iconic symbols and their trial and execution embody the hysteria fueled by the McCarthy's red scare. But who were the Rosenberg's as people? Listen to staunch Rosenberg comrades and hear the intimate interviews with the filmmaker's father, Michael Meeropol, who brings an immediacy to his parents' story. This painful revelation eerily underscores the depth of political paranoia of the time and the impossibility of discovering the ultimate truth about the Rosenberg's guilt or innocence.
- DVD 7567
- Pacific century
- "The Pacific Century is the story of how, from the 19th century onward, modern nations have emerged from the rich and varied cultures and societies of Pacific Asia. ... this introductory area studies course provides students with an understanding of the historical and geographic context of the development of Northeast Asia (China, Japan, Korea, and the Soviet Far East) and Southeast Asia (emphasizing Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam)."--Preview.
- DVD 11590
- Protocols of Zion
- Examines the rise of anti-Semitism in the USA after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
- DVD 4611