Films & Other Videos
Films with: Lepage, Robert
- Jésus de Montréal Jesus of Montreal /
- A Montreal shrine seeks to inspire its congregants by modernizing its staging of the Passion play. A promising cast of vibrant young actors are signed on - one fresh from perfume commercials, another from the pornographic film industry, and another who had an affair with the basilica's priest - quickly drive the production on to become a smash hit. But as the play enjoys the success, the actors become more and more challenged to separate their real lives from their lives onstage.
- DVD 4599
- Kà extreme Cirque du Soleil /
- The story of the creation of Kà, a new epic tale, created as an unprecedented theatrical production by Cirque du Soleil. Follows the show's evolution from early rehearsals through its first public performance.
- DVD 10546
- Ring des Nibelungen and "Wagner's dream" : the making of the Ring /
- The four operas of The Ring Cycle. Wagner's dream: "Wagner's dream takes you deep into the artistic and musical challenges of the epic Ring des Nibelungen by Richard Wagner. Visionary director Robert Lepage begins a five-year journey to create the most ambitious staging in Metropolitan Opera history, featuring a 90,000-pound set ("The Machine") conceived to meet Wagner's immense theatrical demands. The film follows heroic singers from rehearsals to performance as they take on many of the most daunting roles in opera. Soprano Deborah Voigt is torn between excitement and fear as she prepares to play the warrior goddess Brünnhilde, while unexpected drama arises as a new tenor, Jay Hunter Morris, steps in as the Ring's hero, Siegfried - days before the production's world premiere. An intimate look at the challenges of live theater and the risks that must be taken, the film chronicles the tremendous creativity and unflagging determination behind this daring attempt to realize Wagner's dream of a perfect Ring."--Container.
- DVD 9699