Films & Other Videos
Films with: Lenzer, Don
- Into the arms of strangers stories of the Kindertransport /
- The life-affirming tale of 10,000 children saved from Hitler's grasp and placed with foster parents and hostels in Great Britain at the outbreak of World War II. Includes archival footage and decades-later rememberances of both the rescuers and the rescued.
- DVD 1287
- James Baldwin the price of the ticket /
- "James Baldwin (1924-1987) was at once a major twentieth century American author, a Civil Rights activists and, for two crucial decades a prophetic voice calling Americans, Black and white, to confront their shared racial tragedy. James Baldin: The Price of the Ticket captures on film the passionate intellect and courageous writing of a man who was born Black, impoverished, gifted and gay"--Container.
- DVD 13190
- Long way home
- This documentary traces the stories of courage in the years between the end of World War II and the formation of the state of Israel. Includes archival footage, original broadcasts and personal testimonies from survivors of the Holocaust.
- DVD 2755
- Say amen, somebody
- "One of the most acclaimed music documentaries of all time, Say Amen, Somebody is George Nierenberg's masterpiece -- a joyous, funny, deeply emotional celebration of African American culture, featuring the father of Gospel, Thomas A. Dorsey ("Precious Lord, Take My Hand"); its matron, Mother Willie Mae Ford Smith; and earth-shaking performances by the Barrett Sisters and the O'Neal Twins."--Container
- DVD 13337