Films & Other Videos
Films with: Lennon, Thomas
- Becoming American The Chinese experience /
- Traces the history and experiences of Chinese Americans; also includes personal journeys of AIDS researcher Dr. David Ho, market reserch pioneer Shirley Young, author Gish Jen, physicist Samuel Ting, and architect Maya Lin.
- DVD 2282
- Citizen Kane
- An all-powerful press magnate, Kane, dies in his fabulous castle Xanadu, his last word being "Rosebud", which leads a reporter to seek the meaning behind the word and find the meaning of Kane. Prominant publisher, William Randolph Hearst, saw the film as a thinly disguised version of his career and attempted to suppress it.
- DVD 1342
- Hurricane of '38
- Using archival film and photographs and interviews with survivors, this film chronicles the devastating path of the hurricane which struck New England without a warning on September 21, 1938, and found the population completely unprepared. It left almost 700 people dead and caused severe property damage.
- DVD 12046
- Tongzhi in love
- Explores the lives of gay men in China and the pressures they face because they are expected to produce children to carry on their family's name.
- DVD 3420
- Unchained memories readings from the slave narratives /
- When the Civil War ended in 1865, more than 4 million slaves were set free. By the late 1930's, 100,000 former slaves were still alive. In the midst of the Great Depression, journalists and writers traveled the country to record the memories of the last generation of African-Americans born into bondage. Over 2,000 interviews were transcribed as spoken, in the vernacular of the time, to form a unique historical record.
- DVD 5499
- Warriors of Qiugang
- Villagers in a remote district of central China take on a chemical company that is poisoning their water and air. For five years they fight to transform their environment and as they do, they find themselves transformed as well.
- DVD 8005