Films & Other Videos
Films with: Leñero, Vicente
- Callejón de los milagros Midaq Alley /
- Stories of three neighbors whose lives are intertwined in the old downtown section of Mexico City.
- DVD 721
- Crimen del Padre Amaro The crime of Padre Amaro /
- A recently ordained priest is sent to a small parish church in rural Mexico to help an aging priest. Upon arriving at his new post, he meets a beautiful young woman with a religious passion that borders on obsession. Quickly her passion for her faith becomes entangled in a growing attraction to the new priest. When the priest crosses the line that seperates temptation from sin, he finds himself torn between the devine and the carnal, the righteous and the unjust.
- DVD 3188
- Ley de Herodes Herod's law /
- The tiny town of San Pedro de los Saguaros needs a new Mayor, as the populace has assassinated several. As a reward for his party loyalty, the ruling governor gives hapless junk dealer Damián Alcázar the post. An honest if idealistic man, Vargas arrives with his beautiful, ambitious wife Gloria. Picked for his stupidity, he quickly discovers that bribes, blackmail, gratuitous fines, and other abuses of authority are the only way to get things done, and soon transforms himself from ineffectual stooge to paragon of corruption--or, a successful politician. Along the way, he encounters a surly madam, a moralizing doctor, a mercenary priest, and an opportunistic gringo. He justifies his actions with a motto learned from his party leader, who quotes Herod's Law, which is (if somewhat reworded), "Either you screw them or you get screwed."
- DVD 10054