Films & Other Videos
Films with: Lelouch, Claude
- Bonne année
- Simon develops an intricate plan to meet the lovely lady who operates the antique shop next to Van Cleef & Arpels, the location of his next jewelry heist. The attraction is undeniable, but Simon is a professional and will not let romance get in his way--or will he?
- DVD 4190
- Homme et une femme
- A daredevil race-car driver and a movie script girl meet while visiting their children's boarding school. They soon share a love filled with warmth, humor and truth, and intertwined with the demands of career and parenthood.
- DVD 7472
- Loin du Vietnam Far from Vietnam /
- "Initiated and edited by Chris Marker, Far from Vietnam is an epic 1967 collaboration between cinema greats Jean-Luc Godard, Joris Ivens, William Klein, Claude Lelouch and Alain Resnais in protest of American military involvement in Vietnam--made, per Marker's narration, 'to affirm, by the exercise of their craft, their solidarity with the Vietnamese people in struggle against aggression.' A truly collaborative effort, the film brings together an array of stylistically disparate contributions, none individually credited, under a unified editorial vision. The elements span documentary footage shot in North and South Vietnam and at anti-war demonstrations in the United States; a fictional vignette and a monologue that dramatize the self-interrogation of European intellectuals; interviews with Fidel Castro and Anne Morrison, widow of Norman Morrison, the Quaker pacifist who burned himself alive on the steps of the White House in 1965; an historical overview of the conflict; reflections from French journalist Michèle Ray; and a range of repurposed media material."--www.icarusfilms.com
- DVD 10126
- How did a child, born in 1622 to working-class parents, become such a well-known author? This film dramatizes the life of an honest man who struggles incessantly to practice his art in a century of hypocrisy and repression.
- DVD 6249
- Roman de gare
- Best-selling author Judith Ralitzer is researching unlikely places to find characters for her next novel. A serial killer with a penchant for magic tricks has just escaped from a high-security prison, providing the perfect source material for an intricately plotted, moody mystery.
- DVD 6497
- September 11
- Eleven filmmakers from eleven countries reflect on the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in short films each lasting 11 minutes, 9 seconds and 1 frame. Samīrā Makhmalbāf presents a female teacher, at an Afghani refugee camp in Iran, organizing the children for a minute's silence; meanwhile the adults express fears of an American bombardment. Claude Lelouch presents the tale of a World Trade Center tour guide who is on the verge of a breakup with his deaf girlfriend when the terrorist attacks occur. Yūsuf Shāhīn presents a young American soldier who comes to haunt a famous film producer and they engage in a highly conflicted dialogue. Danis Tanovič presents the women of Srebrenica (a town where thousands of Bosnian Muslim men and boys were massacred Serbs on July 11, 1995) continuing their monthly protests, despite the September 11th terrorist attacks. Idrissa Ouedraogo presents a young boy in Burkina Faso on the trail of a man he believes to be Osama Bin Laden. Ken Loach's presents a Chilean refugee who offers his condolences to the American victims; he then, in an open letter, describes the CIA-sponsored coup d'ťat of September 11, 1973, which installed the dictatorship of General Pinochet. Alejandro Gonzl̀ez Iñàrritu presents flashes of images of bodies falling from the World Trade Center, accompanied by chanting. Amos Gitaï presents a preening television news journalist enraged that her report about a Palestinian bombing in Tel Aviv will not be broadcast because of late breaking news about the attacks. Mira Nair presents a New York Muslim suspected of being a terrorist, but who is actually a heroic rescue worker. Sean Penn presents a lonley widower who lives in an apartment that is shaded by the World Trade Center. Shōhei Imamura presents a Japanese soldier who returns home from fighting in World War II. He is convinced that he is a snake, and he refuses to eat anything other than live rats.
- DVD 8659