Films & Other Videos
Films with: Leach, Jeremy
- Making sense of place Cleveland : confronting decline in an American city /
- A provocative new documentary film study of Cleveland, Ohio--once America's fifth largest city, and today a metropolitan area struggling to reverse the cumulative effects of decline. Incorporating historic footage of Cleveland's vibrant economic past and recent interviews with city leaders and neighborhood residents, this film is an examination of the difficulties a new generation must confront in dealing with an uncertain future. This film seeks to educate and inspire citizens to engage in a better-informed civic dialogue about economic opportunities, social equity, regional impacts, and public and private partnerships to shape the future of Cleveland and other cities.
- DVD 6993
- Making sense of place Portland : quest for the livable city /
- Chronicles the complex challenges of becoming a more sustainable metropolis and shows the difficulties of planning in the 21st century as cities confront issues of economic development, gentrification, local food and farming, property rights, preservation, and civic participation.
- DVD 6997
- "[The film] aims to change the way people buy, cook, recycle, and eat food. Through the eyes of chef-heroes like Anthony Bourdain, Dan Barber, Mario Batali, Massimo Bottura, and Danny Bowien, audiences will see how the world's most influential chefs make the most of every kind of food, transforming what most people consider scraps into incredible dishes that create a more secure food system. [The film] exposes the criminality of food waste and how it's directly contributing to climate change and shows us how each of us can make small changes -- all of them delicious -- to solve one of the greatest problems of the 21st century." -- Container.
- DVD 11689