Films & Other Videos
Films with: Lay, Tim
- Making sense of place Cleveland : confronting decline in an American city /
- A provocative new documentary film study of Cleveland, Ohio--once America's fifth largest city, and today a metropolitan area struggling to reverse the cumulative effects of decline. Incorporating historic footage of Cleveland's vibrant economic past and recent interviews with city leaders and neighborhood residents, this film is an examination of the difficulties a new generation must confront in dealing with an uncertain future. This film seeks to educate and inspire citizens to engage in a better-informed civic dialogue about economic opportunities, social equity, regional impacts, and public and private partnerships to shape the future of Cleveland and other cities.
- DVD 6993
- Making sense of place Phoenix, the urban desert /
- Documentary about urban growth and change in and around Phoenix, Arizona. Explores individual choices, the democratic process, and market forces and how they have affected growth, economic development, and quality of life. Includes original photography, historical footage, and interviews with citizens, local officials, and urban planners.
- DVD 6994
- Making sense of place Portland : quest for the livable city /
- Chronicles the complex challenges of becoming a more sustainable metropolis and shows the difficulties of planning in the 21st century as cities confront issues of economic development, gentrification, local food and farming, property rights, preservation, and civic participation.
- DVD 6997