Films & Other Videos
Films with: Lancashire, Sarah
- Last tango in Halifax.
- Childhood sweethearts Alan and Celia, both widowed and in their 70s, fall for each other all over again when they are reunited on the internet after nearly 60 years. Their relationship is a celebratory tale of the power of love at any age. But this is also a story about family, and with family comes baggage. Celia's respectable, head teacher daughter Caroline is juggling bringing up two boys and dealing with her husband's infidelity, while Alan's daughter Gillian works to make a living on her farm.
- DVD 9917
- The series begins a year after the dramatic events that saw Moray declare his love for Denise and lose The Paradise after breaking off his engagement to Katherine. The spurned Katherine has since married Tom Weston with a troubled history. Although she seems to be starting her life anew, her passion for Moray threatens to draw her back into a love triangle, competing with Denise. Moray and Denise, still at the forefront of fashion and innovation, are plotting to regain The Paradise.
- DVD 12040
- Ronald Harwood's The dresser
- One fateful night in a small English regional theatre during World War II, a troupe of touring actors stage a production of Shakespeare's "King Lear." Bombs are falling, sirens are wailing, the curtain is up in an hour but the actor/manager "Sir" who is playing Lear is nowhere to be seen. His dresser "Norman" must scramble to keep the production alive but will Sir turn up in time? And if he does, will he be able to perform that night?
- DVD 12252
- When did you last see your father?
- A 40-year-old writer visits his dying father. He begins to relive the memories of the past - both good and bad - and he is forced to realize that his once "immortal, invincible and infallible" father is human after all.
- DVD 7624