Films & Other Videos
Films with: Lacy, Susan
- James Baldwin the price of the ticket /
- "James Baldwin (1924-1987) was at once a major twentieth century American author, a Civil Rights activists and, for two crucial decades a prophetic voice calling Americans, Black and white, to confront their shared racial tragedy. James Baldin: The Price of the Ticket captures on film the passionate intellect and courageous writing of a man who was born Black, impoverished, gifted and gay"--Container.
- DVD 13190
- Merce Cunningham a lifetime of dance /
- "Merce Cunningham has performed and choreographed modern dance for over fifty years ... This in-depth profile explores Cunningham's prolific career from his earliest successes to recent works such as Occasion Piece ... and Biped ... Featuring new and archival performance footage, the film also includes exclusive interviews with dancers, collaborators and the master himself"--Container.
- DVD 5771
- Woody Guthrie ain't got no home /
- This film explores Guthrie's creative genius -- his life and music as well as lesser known talents like writing and painting. Every American who has listened to the radio knows Guthrie's 'This Land Is Your Land.' The music of the folk singer/songwriter has been recorded by everyone from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir to U2.
- DVD 6130