Films & Other Videos
Films with: Kramer, Larry
- After Stonewall from the riots to the millennium /
- In 1969 the police raided the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in New York City's Greenwich Village, leading to three nights of rioting by the city's gay community. With this outpouring of courage and unity the Gay Liberation Movement had begun. Chronicles the history of lesbian and gay life from the riots at Stonewall to the end of the century. Captures the hard work, struggles, tragic defeats and exciting victories experienced since then. It explores how AIDS literally changed the direction of the movement.
- DVD 5799
- How to survive a plague
- The story of the brave young men and women who successfully reversed the tide of an epidemic, demanded the attention of a fearful nation, and stopped AIDS from becoming a death sentence. This improbable group of activists bucked oppression and infiltrated government agencies and the pharmaceutical industry, helping to identify promising new medication and treatments and move them through trials and into drugstores in record time.
- DVD 9396
- Normal heart
- This HBO Films drama tells the dramatic, poignant and often-exasperating story of the early days of the HIV-AIDS crisis in New York City in the early 1980s, taking an unflinching look at the nation's sexual politics as gay activists and their allies in the medical community fight to expose the truth about the burgeoning epidemic to a city and nation in denial.
- DVD 10636
- Reveals politicians who lobby for anti-gay legislation while leading secret lives, the double standards the media sets for these politicians, and the harm inflicted. Includes analysis from Congressman Barney Frank, former New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey, activist Larry Kramer, and others.
- DVD 7355
- Sex in an epidemic
- By focusing specifically on the need for honest comprehensive sex education, this engaging documentary provides a sociocultural perspective on the history of the HIV/AIDS epidemic and its ongoing impact on the most effected populations including the gay, African-American and Latino communities. Incorporating interviews and media footage from the earliest days of the AIDS panic through the present, SEX IN AN EPIDEMIC reminds us that, though the world has been living with the realities of HIV/AIDS for nearly 30 years, ignorance and prejudice about the disease must still be combated.--Container.
- DVD 8442