Films & Other Videos
Films with: Kohlhaase, Wolfgang
- Berlin--Ecke Schönhauser
- "The corner Schönhauser Allee in East Berlin is the main meeting-point for a group of adolescents. Dieter is a construction worker who falls in love with Angela. She, in turn, spends time with the clique whenever her mother is occupied with her new lover. "Kohle" stays away from home to avoid his dad's alcohol problem, and Karl-Heinz is on his way to becoming a small-time criminal. Due to their interest in western music and culture they are regarded as no-goods and rowdies. Things get interesting when an incident forces Dieter and "Kohle" to escape to West Germany"--Internet Movie Database.
- DVD 7388
- Berliner Romanze a Berlin romance /
- A love story about 17 year-old Uschi, and East German saleswoman, and Hans, an unemployed auto mechanic from West Berlin. The city is reflected through the eyes and feelings of these youthful figures. For example, the bright shop windows in West Berlin are much more appealing to Uschi than the plain gray buildings in the East, so she leaves her parents house for the West. Uschi takes the audience on a journey behind the facade of the economic miracle in West Berlin. In the end, she returns home to her parents' house along with Hans, who leaves his job in the West to make a living in the East.
- DVD 7955
- Ich war neunzehn I was nineteen /
- Nineteen year-old Gregor Hecker returns to Germany in April 1945 wearing the uniform of a Russian Lieutenant. He had to leave the country with his parents when he was eight years old and now feels a stranger on German soil.
- DVD 7462
- Solo Sunny
- Describes the adventures of a pop singer touring with a mediocre band.
- DVD 7461
- Stille nach dem Schuss The legend of Rita /
- This political thriller, set in the final years of the Cold War, recounts the struggles of a young West German woman member of a terrorist group (loosely based on the real Baader-Meinhof gang). When the group disbands, she goes into hiding with an invented identity in East Germany. She struggles with the realities of a Communist state while keeping the distant ideal of socialism.
- DVD 1760