Films & Other Videos
Films with: Klein, Larry
- Big energy gamble
- This videodisc explores the pros and cons of California's controversial program to slash carbon dioxide emissions and promote energy efficiency, which could be adopted nationwide during the Obama administration.
- DVD 7006
- Combines location sequences and animation to show the building of a Gothic cathedral. Begins with a tour of Chartres, Reims, Amiens, Bourges, Beauvais, Notre Dame de Paris, Laon, and the Royal Abbey Church of St. Denis. Discusses life in the medieval era and how churches were a center of life.
- DVD 8612
- Mind of a serial killer
- This episode of Nova profiles the profilers, the FBI agents who track the most elusive killers.
- DVD 3575
- Origins fourteen billion years of cosmic evolution /
- Who would have predicted that a hot spot left over from the Big Bang would eventually lead to our galaxy, the solar system, the Earth, - and to us? Origins explores how the universe and our planet began amid chaos and eventually gave birth to the first stirrings of life. Join cutting-edge scientists on a voyage deep into the Earth to find analogs to the earliest life on our planet, and travel a million miles from Earth with a space probe designed to capture the earliest observable "snapshot" of the Big Bang. Then watch as astronomers test an ingenious new way to detect distant planets that may harbor life, and discover that every atom in our bodies, and practically every bit of matter in the Earth, was made in the heart of stars. Hosted by astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, Director of the Hayden Planetarium at the American Museum of Natural History, Origins presents startling new findings that attempt to explain just how Earth, life, and the universe all began. - Container.
- DVD 1272
- Why the towers fell
- For most people the image of the collapse of the World Trade Center Towers on Sept. 11, 2001, was not only a scene of unforgettable horror, it was a moment of unimaginable consequence. This follows a blue ribbon team of forensic engineers as they begin searching for clues that would tell them why the towers fell. From detailed examination of the buildings original design to the relentless process of searching the scrap steel yards and Ground Zero itself for evidence.
- DVD 2860