Films & Other Videos
Films with: Kikushima, Ryūzō
- Kumonosu-jō Throne of blood /
- Adaptation of Shakespeare's Macbeth, set in feudal Japan. Tells the story of a Samurai lord who kills his master and usurps his power in fulfillment of a witch's prophecy.
- DVD 2210
- Onna ga kaidan o agaru toki
- A young widow with family obligations, Keiko is the madam of an upstairs bar in the exclusive Ginza district of Tokyo in 1960. As she approaches 30, she realizes that her life is at a crossroads: she must either go into business and open her own bar or marry.
- DVD 8508
- Shūbun Sukyandaru /
- Portrayal of a sensitive young artist who is dragged through the mud by a tabloid entertainment magazine after an innocent encounter with a pop singer and decides to sue.
- DVD 6388
- Tengoku to jigoku [High and low] /
- A complex crime thriller in which a wealthy shoe manufacturer's chauffeur's son is kidnapped in mistake for his own, and he faces a moral dilemma -- should he pay the ransom anyway and risk losing his position?
- DVD 747
- Tsubaki Sanjūrō Sanjuro /
- A skilled but slovenly ronin comes to the aid of a group of naive young warriors fighting their corrupt clan leaders and manages to keep them out of trouble and alive in spite of their high ideals.
- DVD 701
- Yojimbo The bodyguard /
- In the year 1860, a wandering samurai-for-hire turns the war between two clans fighting for control of a small town to his own advantage. A satire on greed, violence, paranoia and human weakness. Includes theatrical trailer.
- DVD 654