Films & Other Videos
- Edward, a veteran filmmaker of Armenian descent, is in Toronto shooting a film about the Siege of Van, which lead to the genocide of over a million Armenian people at the hands of Turkish troops. Raffi has been sent to Turkey to shoot background footage for the film. Raffi's mother Ani, an author and historian, is also involved in the project as a consultant. As Raffi attempts to re-enter Canada with cans of exposed film, he's detained by David, a suspicious customs official who has his own tenuous link to the film.
- DVD 1788
- À ma soeur! Fat girl /
- A daring and provocative exploration of the complexities of sexual awakening involving 12-year old Anaïs. With her family on holiday by the sea, she yearns for the experience of first love. However, she experiences it by proxy when her beautiful older sister, Elena, gets involved with an older boy. Soon Elena's naive hopes of romance will be shattered setting a chain of events in motion that will shatter her family forever.
- DVD 3419
- A mean-spirited, self-absorbed Canadian-Armenian photograher is hired to take pictures of Armenian historical churches for a calendar. He takes his wife along as a translator, and as they traverse the sites chosen for the calendar with the Armenian guide, their relationship begins to unravel. The photographer returns to Canada with his images, but without his wife, who has gradually felt drawn to her ethnic roots and has fallen in love with the guide.
- DVD 1672
- Essential Egoyan
- Two feature films plus three early short films by Atom Egoyan. Family viewing: A black comedy about a young man who discovers that his childhood home videos have been erased to make room for his father's homemade sex tapes. Next of kin: A young man having problems with his family undergoes video-therapy with his domineering parents. At the clinic, he comes across the videotapes of an Armenian family who gave their son up for adoption 20 years ago. He then pretends to be their long lost son and is instantly accepted.
- DVD 1833
- Sabah is a 40-year-old Arab woman living in Toronto. One day, when Sabah least expects it, she falls in love with the wrong man: she's Muslim, he's not. Keeping him a secret from her family, she embarks on a whirlwind affair before both culture and love collide.
- DVD 5138
- Speaking parts
- A struggling actor working as a hotel custodian and gigolo finds himself the obsessional object of two women: a scriptwriter he hustled for a part in a movie and a hotel maid.
- DVD 1673