Films & Other Videos
Films with: Kennedy, Patrick
- All of me
- "Focuses on the lives of women, girls and boys who are caught in the downward spiral of eating disorders and their struggle to regain a sense of self-compassion and healing. The film also focuses on the parents who struggle with their children around this devastating disease"--Container.
- DVD 11883
- Ask us who we are foster care in Vermont /
- 'Ask us who we are' is a documentary film focused on the challenges and extraordinary lives of youth in foster care. The film highlights the heartbreak that many foster care youth carry with them as they move through their lives, but also reveals the tremendous strength and perseverance that grows out of their determination to survive and thrive. The film also focuses on the lives of foster care parents and kinship families that open their homes to children. This documentary is about the search for home, community, and the transformative power of love in the midst of fractures and often broken lives -- Container.
- DVD 8293
- Boardwalk empire.
- Chronicles the life and times of Enoch 'Nucky' Thompson, Atlantic City's undisputed czar at a time when Prohibition proved to be a major catalyst in the rise of organized crime in America. Season three begins on New Year's Eve 1922-23. The roaring '20s are about to start; though the economy is booming, alcohol has become scarce, competition is fierce, and gangster violence is heating up.
- DVD 12338
- Coming home
- "Coming Home is a documentary film focused on five people returning back to their Vermont communities from prison. The film focuses on the innovative COSA program (Circle of Support and Accountability) that helps reintegrate folks back into their daily lives. The COSA program is run through Vermont's Community Justice Centers and is part of the restorative justice model."--Container.
- DVD 13479
- Hungry Heart
- "The Hungry Heart provides an intimate look at the often hidden world of prescription drug addiction through the world of Vermont Pediatrician Fred Holmes who works with patients struggling with this disease. Dr. Holmes prescribes suboxone to his patients struggling with prescription drug addiction. Much like methadone, suboxone helps many addicts in their recovery process- for some taking suboxone is a crucial stepping stone to long term recovery, for others it is a crutch, for others suboxone is abused and diverted onto the street. Through the film we see Dr. Holmes struggling with these challenges and trying to make sense and keep the faith in the midst of many contradictions. Most importantly however, as the film progresses we begin to see the simple but profound connection that Dr. Holmes creates with each patient The film shines a light on the healing power of conversation and the need for connection that many of these young addicts yearn for but do not have in their lives. In addition, the film interviews a number of older addicts who talk about their recovery process juxtaposed against Fred's patients. The road to recovery is paved with both success stories and strewn with relapses, downfalls and tragic losses. However, through the movie we see the many faces and diverse populations of addiction, and their continued search for a life of recovery."--DVD container.
- DVD 9990