Films & Other Videos
Films with: Kendall, Dave
- Congress of the world's religions Speaking out for peace and unity.
- Part 10 of a 10-part series entitled Beyond Theology. On the fifth anniversary of 9/11, 1,800 delegates gathered at the Congress of World Religions in Montreal to spend a week in ecumenical dialogue. This program captures the wisdom of attendees who, speaking from the podium or offstage, address topics ranging from widespread religious fanaticism, the destabilizing action/reaction spiral of violence, and the misuse of religion for political ends to defusing alientation through acceptance, fighting the radical poverty that polarizes communities, and nurturing understanding through greater awareness of the oneness of humankind.
- DVD 7533
- Finger pointing at the moon transcending religion to achieve unity in the divine /
- Facing unprecedented challenges on a global level, many people think we're passing through a major transitional phase in human history. They contend that the basic images guiding our lives must change in order for us to successfully deal with these challenges.
- DVD 7499
- Ground of being approaches to conceptualizing God /
- Speaking primarily from the Christian point of view, this program explores the personal and therefore subjective nature of conceptualizing God, the broadening of religious discourse in the area of the more abstract aspects of numinous experience, and the perceived necessity of getting beyond both a fundamentalist reaction to the evolving theological discourse and a secular humanist dismissal of all religion in order to establish a sense of humankind's spiritual place in the 21st-century cosmos.
- DVD 7498
- Mysticism and the perennial philosophy Huston Smith speaks /
- A noted scholar of world religions, Huston Smith experienced a profound change in worldview when he read The Perennial Philosophy by Aldous Huxley. The Islamic scholar Seyyed Hossein Nasr notes that the "philosophia perennis" lies at the heart of all religious traditions.
- DVD 7500