Films & Other Videos
Films with: Katagas, Anthony
- 12 years a slave
- Based on the true story of Solomon Northup. It is 1841, and Northup, an accomplished, free citizen of New York, is kidnapped and sold into slavery. Stripped of his identity and deprived of all dignity, Northup is ultimately purchased by ruthless plantation owner Edwin Epps and must find the strength within to survive. Filled with powerful performances by an astonishing cast including Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael Fassbener, Benedict Cumberbatch, Brad Pitt, and newcomer Lupita Nyong'o, 12 Years a Slave is both an unflinching account of slavery in American history and a celebration of the indomitable power of hope.
- DVD 10279
- Ad astra
- Army Corps engineer and astronaut Roy McBride is searching for answers in the depths of space. Twenty years ago, Roy's father went in search of proof of the existence of extraterrestrial life on Neptune during a one-way mission. The mission was designated officially as a failure. Roy searches the solar system for the truth about both his father's mission and a recent mystery that has unfolded that threatens Earth. What Roy doesn't know is that this journey will do more than test him physically and mentally. The answers he finds will challenge everything he understands about the existence of humans.
- DVD 13253
- Ewa Cybulski and her sister sail to New York from their native Poland in search of a new start and the American dream. When they reach Ellis Island, doctors discover that Magda is ill, and the two women are separated. Ewa is released onto the mean streets of Manhattan while her sister is quarantined. Alone, with nowhere to turn and desperate to reunite with Magda, Ewa quickly falls prey to Bruno, a charming but wicked man who takes her in and forces her into prostitution.
- DVD 11181
- Lost city of Z
- The incredible true story of British explorer Percy Fawcett, who journeys into the Amazon at the dawn of the twentieth century and discovers evidence of a previously unknown, advanced civilization that may have once inhabited the region.
- DVD 12254
- William Eggleston in the real world
- The film shows a deep connection between Eggleston's enigmatic personality and his groundbreaking work, and also reveals his parallel commitments as a musician, draftsman, and videographer. Eggleston at age 65 become an icon and inspiration to artists.
- DVD 6554