Films & Other Videos
Films with: Karpman, Laura
- Code : debugging the gender gap
- An investigation into why girls and young women are not pursuing computer science as a career, despite growing demand for computer programmers and IT professionals.
- DVD 12173
- Galapagos affair : Satan came to Eden
- Darwin meets Hitchcock in this true-crime tale of paradise found and lost. A extraordinary documentary portrait of a 1930s murder mystery as strange and alluring as the famous archipelago itself. Fleeing conventional society, a Berlin doctor and his mistress start a new life on uninhabited Floreana Island. But after the international press sensationalizes the exploits of the island's 'Adam and Eve,' others flock there, including a self-styled Swiss Family Robinson.
- DVD 11025
- Regarding Susan Sontag
- "...[A]n intimate and nuanced investigation into the life of one of the most influential and provocative thinkers of the 20th century. ...[A] towering thinker whose works on photography, war, and illness continue to resonate today"--Container.
- DVD 10944
- Something ventured risk, reward, and the original venture capitalists /
- "Something ventured tells the story of the creation of an industry that went on to become the greatest engine of innovation and economic growth in the 20th century. It is told by the visionary risk-takers who dared to make it happen: Tom Perkins, Don Valentine, Arthur Rock, Dick Kramlich and others. The film also includes some of our finest entrepreneurs sharing how they worked with these venture capitalists to grow world-class companies like Intel, Cisco, Atari, Genentech, Tandem and others"--Case.
- DVD 9406
- States of Grace a journey of loss, resilience and renewal /
- Following an automobile accident on the Golden Gate Bridge that left Dr. Grace Dammann physically shattered, this documentary follows her return home, after multiple surgeries, where she lives with her partner, Nancy "Fu" Schroeder, and their daughter who was born with cerebral palsy. Grace must reconcile her joy at still being alive with the frustration of being so dependent on others. With both humor and bravery the three of them slowly recalibrate their lives together and apart.
- DVD 11363