Films & Other Videos
Films with: Karlsen, Elizabeth
- Two women from very different backgrounds find themselves in an unexpected love affair in 1950s New York. As conventional norms of the time challenge their undeniable attraction, an honest story emerges to reveal the resilience of the heart in the face of change. A young woman in her twenties, Therese is a clerk working in a Manhattan department store and dreaming of a more fulfilling life when she meets Carol, an alluring woman trapped in a loveless, convenient marriage.
- DVD 11532
- After marrying 'Willy', a successful Parisian writer, Colette is transplanted to the intellectual and artistic splendor of Paris. Willy convinces Colette to ghostwrite a semi-autobiographical novel about a witty and brazen country girl named Claudine, sparking a bestseller and a cultural sensation, inspiring additional Claudine novels. Colette's fight over creative ownership and gender roles drives her to overcome societal constraints, revolutionizing literature, fashion and sexual expression.
- DVD 12886
- Little voice
- Painfully shy "little voice" can only express herself by singing in the voices of others, but once her mother's sleazy boyfriend (Caine) overhears her incredible voice he'll do anything to drag the recluse into the spotlight and make her a star.
- DVD 2159
- Made in Dagenham
- In 1968, the female workers at the Ford Dagenham car plant, walked out in protest against sexual discrimination. Their actions played a major role in the battle for equal pay, both nationally and internationally.
- DVD 8424
- Their finest
- Set in 1940 London, the story is an ode to how women played a major role in boosting national morale during the Blitz of London in the second World War.
- DVD 12322
- When did you last see your father?
- A 40-year-old writer visits his dying father. He begins to relive the memories of the past - both good and bad - and he is forced to realize that his once "immortal, invincible and infallible" father is human after all.
- DVD 7624