Films & Other Videos
Films with: Kaczmarek, Jan A. P.
- Courageous heart of Irena Sendler Irena Sendler: un courage inoubliable /
- As a social worker, Irena had access to the Warsaw Ghetto, making it possible for her to rescue the daughter of a Jewish friend and safely hide the young girl with a Catholic family. Realizing that thousands of children were still in danger, Irena recruited sympathetic friends and co-workers to smuggle children out and place them in safe homes, farms and convents. At great personal risk, she devised extraordinary schemes to sneak the children by Nazi guards, bringing them out in ambulances, suitcases and even wheelbarrows.
- DVD 8411
- Finding Neverland
- Well-known playwright James M. Barrie finds his career at a crossroads when his latest play flops and doubters begin to question his future. Then by chance he meets a widow and her four adventurous boys. Together they form a friendship that ignites the imagination needed to produce Barrie's greatest work. Traverses both fantasy and everyday reality, melding the difficulties of adult life with the spellbinding allure and childlike innocence of the boy who never grows up.
- DVD 3844
- Get low
- Felix Bush, a Tennessee hermit, is either feared or hated by most of the people that live in the town. One day, he gets the idea to throw one big bash before he kicks the bucket. While he is still alive and kickin' he plans his very own rollicking funeral party.
- DVD 8071
- Hachi a dog's tale /
- The heartwarming true story of a loyal dog named Hachiko. This very special friend would accompany his master to the train station everyday and return each afternoon to greet him after work. Even after his master passed away, he continued to return to the same spot at the station every day for the next nine years to wait for his beloved master. During his daily visits he touched many lives and taught the local people about love, compassion, and above all unyielding loyalty.
- DVD 10218
- Soldier's girl
- The true story of 21-year-old Army private Barry Winchell who falls in love with a trans-gendered night club singer. Barry ignites the jealous fury of his homophobic brothers-in-arms, particularly his roommate Justin, an anti-social misfit.
- DVD 3272
- Washington Square
- Catherine, a lonely young woman, is swept off her feet by the handsome Morris Townsend. Suspicious of the young man's true intentions, her father threatens to disown her if she follows her heart and marries against his wishes.
- DVD 10243