Films & Other Videos
Films with: Grimaldi, Alberto
- Two boys are born in Parma, Italy on the day of composer Giuseppe Verdi's death in 1901. Alfredo Berlinghieri is the son of a wealthy landowner and Olmo Dalco is the son of a poverty-stricken peasant who becomes a communist and labor organizer. Though the boys are childhood friends, they increasingly come into conflict as adults as Alfredo panders to the increasingly powerful fascists while Olmo fights relentlessly against Mussolini's followers.
- DVD 4650
- Sir William Walker is sent to secure a plantation at a Portuguese colony. While there be befriends Jose and Teddy, and plants the seeds of revolution in their heads. Years later he must go back and stop the revolution that he helped begin.
- DVD 4124
- Fellini Satyricon
- Fellini recreates the bawdy and lecherous days of Nero's reign in ancient Rome and its lack of concern with human dignity and obsession with perverse sex. The film is also an allegorical satire of the self-indulgence of modern society.
- DVD 1640
- Gangs of New York
- In 1846, waves of Irish immigrants poured into the New York neighborhood of Five Points. "Billy the Butcher" bands his fellow "Native Americans" into a gang to take on the Irish gang "The Dead Rabbits," organized by Priest Vallon. After an bloody clash Vallon is dead and his son ends up in a brutal reform school. In 1862, that boy returns to seek vengeance against the man that killed his father.
- DVD 1799
- Good, the bad and the ugly
- A restored version of the spaghetti western tale of greed, revenge and epic warfare. Three ruthless outlaws avidly search for a treasure chest containing $200,000.
- DVD 4344
- Last tango in Paris
- An American widower in Paris, desolate at the unexplained suicide of his wife, plunges into a torrid sexual relationship with a stranger, a young French girl half his age.
- DVD 272