Films & Other Videos
Films with: Griffith, Hugh
- Judah Ben-Hur is a young Jewish nobleman from a prominent who is reunited with his childhood friend Messala. Messala returns to Judea as a Roman tribune. There is a genuine friendship between the two men, yet the clash of their cultures drives a wedge between them. That wedge finally drives Messala to banish Judah to the slave galleys and sends his mother and his sister to prison. From that point forward, Judah's life becomes a quest: a quest to survive and a quest for vengeance. Judah survives the galleys to become the adopted son of a Roman general, and his triumphant return to Judea permits him to challenge and subsequently confront Messala in a chariot race.
- DVD 4554
- Counterfeit traitor
- An American businessman turned Swedish oil-trader finds his life and fortunes held hostage when he's blackmailed by British agents and forced into the perilous arena of WWII espionage.
- DVD 13188
- This film dramatizes part of the Israeli independence moment, dealing with various factions involved in the internecine struggle between the moderate Haganah and the radical terrorist Irgun Zvai Leumi. Interspersed throughout are segments showing the migration of European Jews to the new land, paying special attention to the ragged survivors of Nazi death camps on board the vessel Exodus, blockaded in a Cyprus harbor by British warships. The film also depicts the struggle of the Jews in Palestine to gain partition, then profiles the main characters after the partition, fighting to continue as the nation of Israel.
- DVD 6736
- How to steal a million
- A woman and a burglar hatch a scheme to swipe a forgery from an art museum to conceal her father's art forgeries.
- DVD 12838
- Mutiny on the Bounty
- In 1787, the HMS Bounty sets out on a journey that will take it through perilous seas to a tropical paradise -- and into history as one of the most ill-fated vessels ever to sail for King and country.
- DVD 5900
- Tom Jones
- Lusty tale set in 18th century England. Tom Jones is an orphan raised by the village squire who grows up to be a handsome young man with a way with women. He loves the daughter of a neighboring landowner, and falls into many adventures in pursuit of her, including duels, bedroom romps and prison!
- DVD 333